Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I have not met this person nor do I know much about him (he is a friends cousin) ;but for some reason, reading something that he had written made me clench inside with sadness. I read about how he wanted to live, have his own family and kids and about how he thought he might not be able to realize his dreams when he was first diagnosed with cancer. If am right, he had written the same before the cancer returned after a remission and took his life .He died last week.
Drives were organized to find a matching marrow for transplant and I wondered as to why it was organized only in the states where he lived when there are millions of Asians outside of the US.

Something cringed inside of me when I thought “what if I had the matching marrow??” and for some reason I was not able to shake off a melancholy feeling that was threatening to consume me for no reason know to my conscious self.

A thousand condolences appeared and words were said as to how we should realize the worth of life but I do wonder for how long this message lives in those peoples mind as when time fades, and people get on with their life and daily problems, people other than the ones who cherished you with love on their hearts forget you when even a simple thing as standing by to see a pretty flower smile at you will seem a hard task at hand. But…a m sure he was able to touch someone really deep down inside or change someone’s life somewhere because everything happens for a reason and I do believe its not necessary that its visible to the naked eye or understanding to the immediate senses .


A million things happen around this world in the wink of an eye… in the flutter of a second, in the pin drop of a silence…. for some to cherish, for some to mourn and for some to hold on for a life time… a new born pushed out into the unforgiving coldness of the outside world, a reminder of the tough times to come and where it cries , maybe asking for one more chance to be forgiven before it lives a life trapped in a coat of flesh and emotions….a flutter of the eyelid, a blush on the cheeks, a skip of the heart beat when love knocks down on someone’s heart somewhere…. a realization of that energy around you ,something that cannot be described when life is turning someone upside down… somewhere, someone loses a dear one and still fails to realize that death is inevitable and it will touch him somewhere ,some day , some time…

1 comment:

GK said...

GLad to see you get out and blog again.
love
G