
This particular cockroach had got trapped in a bag.It was smelly inside and it was getting suffocated …it prayed to its cockroach grandfathers and forefathers that it get out of there…
It was suddenly that the bag opened and our coco darling got a breath of fresh air…a hand came in and it got frightened that it jumped on top of it….little did it know its doom had neared…and that also in a different way….
When I had first heard the screams, I did get really frightened …I don’t know how many of the girls in the B.pharm block remember that one particular night when Amitha and Anjana of ECE just ran out from their room screaming coz they saw a cockroach, and later burst out laughing :D..tee hee…it was thunderous...Lord Zeus himself felt confused as he had not planned rain for that particular night… Ancy had come running down all ready to help..I think all who came there thought some robber had broken in and were trying to gulp… do something to the girls….
Anyways as it was said afterwards…the cockroach it seems died of mental shock and cardiac arrest…..such was the vocal statistics of our tie can girlies… why need another defense mechanism for India,when we can produce natural man made sound waves of deafening intensity that can even you know …. Kill a cockroach… cost effective too…hmmm….
I mean even I hate those chocolate brown creepy creatures….is it chocolate brown?…sometimes it does have a colour of Nescafe without milk …with the sides having a bit of Nescafe with milk color..
It could get me to do all sorts of gymnastics … and make me lose all sense of time,place and age. Especially when it just slides over you leg and you see it and you feel like eeeeyuuuuckk…
My roomies Keerthi and Resmi had once almost killed me with looks ….no no no,not that type of looks, killer looks that says, “we wish we could kill you”, when I once disturbed their sleep jumping on to the bed and also out of it , when I saw this little fella…coco ..looks like he had wandered far away from home and was confused where to go …………,coz he was flying as if he din know where to go… maybe he had his daddy looking for him which reminds me of the animated movie FINDING NEMO which in this case would have been FINDING COCO…
Something again that crossed my mind was that had the cockroach been something consumed by us Indians , we could have had a great time catching them and eating them for free back at the hostel! Ever thought about that ??
Before I end, I must make a special mention about Shibi who loved picking up cocos in her hands and patting them on their tiny head and whispering sweet nothings in to their little ears…(do they have ears??) ,it was in her hands that our coco said good bye and died of heart arrest while amitha and anjana screamed their lungs out …. Whether shibi buried him or not is yet to be found out…. It is also to be found out if father coco came and took back his dead body !
So before you squish a coco next time,think about its family,his friends,his girlfriend who might be waiting for him and be a little considerate…
Nitya

1 comment:
do u remember jeena waking up in the nite screaming coackroach in 1st yr ?? Th best part was it was just a nail... [:D]
Post a Comment